Popular Posts

Monday, February 20, 2012

Falling is Easy Getting up is Hard

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY :D  !!!!!!!
  I hope all had a wonderful day today,  no bills in the mail ,  that seems to be a bright side for me :D
I will post photos of my leg that was taken about the 17th.  After my shower, and before we wrap it,
Today when I took my shower, I washed it with dial soap, peroxide, and I always use wound wash,
it comes in a can called  .........SALINE WOUND WASH......... I bought mine from walmart and keep it on hand. Great product.  When I was drying off and turned my wheelchair around to turn off the light in the bathroom,  I noticed quite a few blood drops,  I was bleeding.  There are two areas on my right leg, that are bleeding from the staples.  
  I am not sure why but when my nurse changed the bandages, we didnt have the medicated moist non stick gauze the dr wanted on there,  so she used a little bit of triple antibiotic and then placed the gauze across the wound.  When I took them off this morning to shower,  it stuck to me leg.  I am not worried, I am going to see my surgeon in the morning and of course he will look at it. I was told he would probably take out the staples but I am not sure now.  I also know he cannot leave them in for very long because the skin will grow around the staples then it will be harder and more of a problem to get them not counting a whole lot more painful....... not looking forward to that  :D lol  
   I also fell yesterday.  :D   it was not bad, it didnt hurt my surgery in any way I landed on my hiney.  I laughed so hard, but then all at once I was not able to get up.  I ....BUTT WALKED.....  
from the kitchen to the living room to the recliner.  I was able to pull my self up. Although I was not hurt, all at once, I felt like a Zombie, I had no energy, I felt totally drained, wiped out.  
Got up this morning and still felt completely drained.  When my physical therapist came today  
I told Brian what happened and he said it was completely normal to drain when something like this happens.  He then had to report this incident to my family DR.  
    These past two days have been crazy.  I am so happy I did not injure my leg or hurt my back when I fell.  Eric ...... Bless his heart is doing everything he can to help me and make things easier on my. 
I know I am so blessed.   
   It is late, I was in pain,  got up, had to get something to eat to take some pain meds.  
praying everyone has a good night and a better day :D 


we have to remember,  it is up to us to decide what kind of day we have.  We can allow the things that come our way to get us down or use it to learn and be more determined to get back up 
put on our big girl  / boy pants  :D and keep on going to the next step
sending prayers and lots of hugs 
Candy





No comments:

Post a Comment