Popular Posts

Thursday, October 13, 2011

GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH





GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH
by Candy Little Nestor on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 2:39pm
God always has a reason for everything. We don't always understand it and sometimes never do.
God has healed my body , my bones, saved my life and kept his hands upon me all of my life.
At birth my right foot was deformed, with 5 small toes. i learned to walk when i was 8 months old.
:D it never stopped me from ever trying and pushing and doing, :D sometimes I just could not do it as long as others as my right ankle would begin to give out. At the age of 1 they did surgery on my right ankle to straighten out my foot which was turned inward, and i had small bones protruding from the ankle.
I had to wear the cast close to 8 months and then learn to walk again on a foot that was no longer turned in and the bone was healing. I did it. The first Dr....( his name escapes my memory at the moment ) wanted to cut my right leg off.
He told my parents that i would never be able to walk, I would be in a wheel chair all of my life. Guess what ..... I WASN'T.......... :D I walked, I ran, I played, all because God gave me strength.
I was able to take gymnastic, do cheerleading stunts, the uneven parallel bars, i played sports, vollyball, tennis, ( i was really lousy at basketball ) we lived in a nice suburb and had alot of kids our age, we got together and played softball, football, had snowball fights, we would ice skate from sun up till sun down when there wasnt any school, build bond fires... built snowmen. There really wasnt much i was not able to do. The second surgery came in 1967, they wanted my right leg to catch up to my left leg as the surgery has caused my right leg to now be two inches shorter. 
The Drs, ( statsney in mansfield ohio ) went in my left knee placed three large staples on each side , cut the ligaments and cartlidges so this leg would no longer grow or at least slow down enough the right leg could catch up. 
Of course it never did. At 14 i was in class the bell rang I stood up to leave and the pain was so bad, sat down and didnt move, for what seemed like forever. When the pain passed I went on my way and to this day I never said anything. That turned out to be the first of many times. 
Several of us girls had an allstar cheerleading squad, we practiced and i knew every single step. 
Unfortunately, after being out there for a few cheers, The pain hit me again. HERE i was in the middle of the Game, in front of the school, parents everyone and i could not move due to the pain. 
Needless to say, I burst into tears. alot of it was the pain but the deeper part of being embarrassed was the worst feeling. 
From that day, I kept moving and doing and never gave up. At the age of 45, I was still able to do all of the cheerleading stunts, with my neices . Alas it gave out. From that day forth it became worse.
Finally I am to 2001 and it is now time for Serious consideration and deep thinking. I needed an amputation. The toes were beginning to curl under, the ankle was getting weaker and even at 105 pounds, the pain was excruciating. I thought about this for a long time, when I had to go on disablitliy in 2005, it became even more of a reality. October of 2006 I blew all the ligaments and cartlidges in my left leg, including the Mniscus ligament. August of 2007 , Dr Gomez did a total knee replacement.
January 2009, I began to discuss this with my Drs. each one said no and could not imagine why, I wanted an amputation, until they saw the exrays. There is no surgery available to correct it. I have surgery to relieve my pain and temporary fix. I told them I do not want to be 80 yrs old going through more surgeries since they could not guarentee me that I wouldnt have to go through more than one. They told me I may need one every year, or every five years. I said ....... NO Thank You........ they agree with me. 
After my first visit with Dr soliman,( surgeon who will do the amputation ) in April of 2010, Eric and I were going down County Line Road when i saw this billboard, ( the first photo ) it read ....... THEY TOOK HER LEG BUT THEY COULD NOT TAKE HER SPIRIT............ it was to me a sign from God. I found out who she is, Her name is Amy Mullins, she was born double amputee . She is a famous model, she runs, there is not much she cannot do. 
I began to do some research re: PROSTHETIC AND SWIMMING. PLEASE watch the video I posted below .
Three high school students ....... JOHN THURMAN, RHETT RUMORY, AND LUCAS CAVIN. Actually devoloped a PROTHESIS that can be used to swim. they enlisted their friend GRANT WILLIAMS 
a double amputee. the first prototype didnt work so they enlisted JERRY WILLIAMS AN ENGINEER..
to help them with the design. 

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/generation-genius-prosthetic-swimming-leg.html 

these students were judged by over 1000 judges from all over the world....... 
These young men started out with PVC PIPES............ 

I cannot tell you how excited I was to find this in my research re: being able to swim. Swimming is easy on the body and gives a tremondous workout. With the shin bone detoriating, and the toes curling more and more, my Drs are including my Podiatrist Dr Jude Pierre. He is the one who has made walking more comfortable he made the white pad you see in the photo wrapped around my toes to keep me from walking on them. It is quite painful. :D 
I have not given up. God may still choose to heal me even on the operating table and then he may not. What ever he does will be fine with me. For you see God allows us to go through things even if it is painful and heartbreaking, and for me HE ALWAYS SENDS SOMEONE my way that is going through the same things I have already been through. 

I AM NOT SPECIAL
I AM NOT STRONG
I AM NOT PERFECT
I WILL NEVER BE A RUNNER
I WILL NEVER BE A MODEL 
What I AM and WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE is .......... someone who knows GOD IS NEVER GOING TO LET ME DOWN.......... 
He is always there. I have been asked by God to help those he sends to me. 


HE IS THE POTTER ,............. I AM THE CLAY........... MOLD ME AND MAKE ME........ HAVE THINE OWN WAY.....

these students were judged by over 1000 judges from all over the world....... 

UPDATE: Eric and I saw, the surgeon Tuesday the 11th, we discussed my amputation. I am so excited, Tuesday the 18th, I will be going to see him for my doppler, the Dr wants to check and make sure that I have really good blood flow in my right leg. If all is fine, They had approval last year, my son passed away, they have to get approval again. :D I am so excited. this will help me with my pain, it will also help keep my back more lined up, and so many other reasons :D


   GOD WILL SEE ME THRU THIS :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment