Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

here are photos from my surgery,  my amputation, my new leg,  these photos are my leg when it was good and when I thought it was bad. The Dr's and the Nurses, all said even though it looked like 
it was opening up,  I was told this is normal and there was no infection,  :D  so dont panic when 
things just dont look quite right.  Dont get me wrong, notify your doctor or nurse, whoever is coming
to the house to help you.  They absolutely need to know. You need to take care of it, clean it and do 
what the Dr says. So many people do not listen to the DR then wonder why it isnt healing or why 
things arent going as they should.   


                                                     This photo has a sock on called a stump 
                                                     shrinker. it will help the stump to go from 
                                                    what you see below when it is larger to much
                                                     smaller.

these next few photos are before the stump
shrinker. they will not place the stump shrinker
on until your staples are out and your leg is 
healed. No bleeding, no open wounds.



the next three are the times when I thought everything
was going bad on me. The DRs were not worried and 
told me all was ok. To me I thought my leg looked 
like it was getting infected. Thankfully the DRs said
no infection and it was healing nicely.  :D 
yeahhhhhhhh



this is my arm, I have had enough surgeries and needles 
takeing blood that I know, when it bruises it is not 
because the nurse or drs did anything wrong
the bruising comes from blood leaking from the vein
under the skin.  In this case they had to take out the 
needle because the fluid was filling up under my arm. 
It became really puffy and that looked bad. :D  dont be
afraid to show the drs, the nurses and let them know
any thing you are not sure of,  it is much better to be 
safe than sorry.  




No comments:

Post a Comment