Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NEW LEG

 Good Morning on the east coast of USA and the west coast of Florida :D
It is now a beautiful start of a new day and one I am Praying I can soon close my 
eyes to :D
     As usual I am not able to sleep.  For what ever reason I have been dealing with
not only sinuses but a torn up stomach.  I am beginning to believe it is due to 
me feeling like I have lost control of things.  
     I am not depressed or complaining.  I have been so overwhelmed with my house
not being in order. Our friend Dee graciously has been to our house to help us 
get organized. It has been so overwhelming for Eric and I.  
      For Eric, he inherited a home that needs lots of TLC,  his mother who passed away 
with breast cancer that spread to her bones, lymph nodes, and brain, was not thinking
clear in the last few years of her life. She became a hoarder.  I was doing great with getting 
the house in order when october 2006, I ripped every cartlidge and ligament in my left knee.
     Medicare didnt kick in until  July of 2007.  By then they were in bad shape.  This put me way
behind needless to say.  From then on it was 4 surgeries in one year, getting farther and 
farther behind in my house.  I have always been meticulous person, you could almost
eat of my floors. ( I wouldnt suggest it :D  we Have four cats whom we love dearly )
       Everything was in it's place.  This is six years later and for the past year and half
my walking kept getting worse by the day it seemed.  It was not life threatening,
but very much debilitating.  
       Now it is May 22nd 2012,  I have had my amputation,  I received my new leg
I am truly happy and excited about this day.  When Eric got home this evening
I showed him my leg, put it on and stood up and hugged him.  He almost cried
seeing me stand and hugged me tight.  It felt good.  I looked at him; smiled and said
"  I feel taller...... he laughed and said " YA THINK?  "   :D   I actually am 
because now with two legs I am able to stand up straight, and evenly. 
I usually write about all the good things and I am normally a very happy person.
I am still happy but today even with my leg, my stomach being so upset all the time 
lately, after a while this just gets old.  For three weeks now I have dealt with my 
sinuses, headaches, drainage, stuffy head.  Not enough sleep. What ever is going 
on gives me heartburn, soooooooo I decided to complain a little bit and get this 
off of my chest. 
      WE are human and every day is not going to be bright, sunny, cheerful,
 and happy.  We have days when things are rough and we have to get over them.  
Our attitude can make all of the differance in the world, on howwe recuperate, 
and deal with the things that life throws at us.  
       I don't care what you are going through, DO NOT GIVE UP, DO NOT BE 
DISCOURAGED,   one of the quotes I use alot is ...........
(  A WINNER NEVER QUITS....... AND A QUITTER NEVER WINS )
 we have all heard this but many times need to be reminded.  I am not a quitter
I am determined, I have ambition, I am tenacious,  I am me, and that is all I can be.
   Hang in there...............  you are allowed to feel down some days, the important thing is
remember to pull your boot straps up, and  keep on going.  Do not let...... your bad suck
you into a hole.  Dig out, climb the mountain, there is always a silver lining, beautiful 
clouds,  the sun is shining.  :D  I pray each of you have a great day and 
allow the best of you to come out each new day. Here is a photo fo my new leg :D I am 
thankful for Gods grace in allowing me the privelage of knowing the valleys as well
as the mountain tops.
Sincerly Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment