Popular Posts

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Count Down One Day :D

  Hi   Everyone  :D
 WOW !!!!!   I have been so busy, I have not kept up with this.  The best way to start this is to 
say  that I am so excited, not scared, not nervous,  not anxious,  truly excited.  :D   
I know my pain will never go away or get better, but  with the amputation I know eventually the pain will go away and my life will be much better.   
    Friday January 27th,   I called my surgeons office to see if I could come in and  ask him some questions.  They are wonderful I was told to be there the the next day about 11am.  Good, now I can
get some answers.  
   Joanie got on the phone and told me she had a job for me to do, of course I said SURE  :D 
whatever she needed I would be happy to do it.  Wow, was in for a shock,  my insurance still had not approved my surgery and we were less than a week  away.  I felt the stress building and I am thinking  
I DO NOT NEED THIS AT ALL  :D
  I called,  I was informed it is scheduled for the  16th of February,  PANIC TIME...........
 called the Dr office,  Joanie had written 2/6,   my insurance company entered 2 /16,  shoot 
so I called them back, spoke with Marcus,  bless his heart he went above and beyond as far as I am concerned.  I advised him of what was going on, immediately he took over,  began to work on fixing this. Yes,  ..... he put me on hold several times, but if this was going to fix it .... HALLELUJAH,  I would wait as long as I needed.   Marcus got is all straightened out, transferred me over to the  Dept that recieves the Dr's fax's.  She read everything back to me and now finally I was cleared, all was green light to go ahead with the surgery.  I couldnt understand why I was not asked to come in and get the 
.................   EGK, CHEST EXRAY, &  BLOOD WORK   .......  Once I found out it was set for the 16th instead of the 6th, I knew why.  As soon as this was cleared I recieved a call and everything was set for me to come into  the hospital  February 2nd,  11am, I got my blood work done, the ekg, and my chest exray.   If you have any problems during surgeries,  ALWAYS let your Dr know and speak with the........ ANESTHESIOLOGIST.........  be sure to let them  know what is going on.  From my first surgery when I was only 4 years old.  I always woke up sick and vomiting with dry heaves, and I was always accused of eating or drinking.  They did not believe me. In  2000  they gave me a medication, that kept me from getting so ill.  I still have slight nausea but nothing compared to what it use to be. 
    My anesthesiologist assured me, he understood and would make sure I will be taken care of. 
The other thing I let him and my surgeon know is ...... I had to have  C-5 & C-6 replaced in my neck with  CADAVAR BONE & METAL PLATE. .....  now when I am asleep, or even awake  for what ever reason  C-4   falls down and lays on C-5.   this cuts my airway off and even water will sit in my throat.  
  After speaking with these two Dr.s I am absolutely ready,  no fears, I am not nervous, anxious, 
no doubt in my mind what I need to do and I am looking forward to this surgery. To a longer 
healthier more substantial life.   I am truly blessed.  God has his hand on me and given me wonderful friends and families.  I give God all the Glory..... :D 


  Thursday I February 2nd 2012  I went to my apptointment to meet with my surgeon, one last time.
I had questions that were simple but I didnt know the answer and the unknown, sometimes makes us nervous.  :D   First thing I told him ...... HI DR. SOLIMAN  :D  I haven't changed my mind , I just 
have some simple questions.  ........      


1.)   aprox how long will I be in the hospital ? .................  his answer :  2 to 3 days 
WOW  that was not the answer I expected but was quite pleased.  
2.)  Aprox how long will I be in rehab?  ............   his answer :D   3 to 4 weeks, they will not allow me to go home until they are comfortable with my walking and I am comfortable with my walking.  
3.)    How long before I am able to get my permanent leg ?   ........... his answer  8 to 12 weeks.  


   It was so comforting just to know those simple answers.  When I walked out of there I felt this huge weight lift off of my shoulders.  Its amazing how something so simple can make us feel so good.  
Now the next thing to do.   I recieve updated letters about twice a week from HANGAR PROSTHETICS,  this latest letter showed a nine year old boy who lost his leg, they told him he could have anything he wanted on his leg.......  now he proudly sports his favorite team on his left leg
 NEW YORK GIANTS LOGO  :D.   I thought ..how cool is that, if I have the same option,  I decided to honor my son who passed away suddenly March 8th 2010.  He worked with the Marion County Sheriffs Dept.  I have enclosed the photo I want on my new leg :D  This is one of my favorites. He is in a uniform for a job he loved, and yet shows his playful side. Shane loved life.  
  with this I am going to close, It is..... 0427......, I guess I need some sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment