Popular Posts

Monday, April 23, 2012

Last Nights Dream

  Last night was a rough night,  not because of  my amputation but because my son passed 
away March of 2010, just before his 25th birthday.  It really doesnt make any differance
how excited a person is to get  her / his new leg. We have things in our lives that can 
knock us off of our platforms.   The one thing we have to remember is ............
We have to get back up, brush ourselves off and keep on going.  Attitude, Determination
tenacity, all contribute to our healing, mentally as well as physically.  
  They say when you lose someone you love passes away, it gets easier.  It may for them
I however have not found this too be true for me.  My son passed away suddenly and 
I still have melt downs,  I still feel like this is a bad dream.  I will wake up and my son will be here.
   And through all of this........... I still have to live, I still have to go on every day and do the very best 
that I can.  I also tell my self that if Shane were here, he would be proud of me for doing as well as 
I am re: my amputation, my leg, my new prosthetic,  not allowing the surgery to get me down.
    I come from a long line of strong men and women, determined, to do what is right,
determined to always do our best.   That is one things I told my son every day........
Shane , the only thing I ask is you ALWAYS DO THE VERY BEST YOU CAN.........
 There will always be someone who can do better but if you are doing the best you 
can........... that is what counts in the end...
   There is no way I am going to break my promise to shane that this what we do.  
We continue to always do our best.   
Shane I love you with all of my heart.  I wish you were here so you could see
my new leg when it comes.  
  I pray each of you that is going through something to never give up, never
quit,  just keep on going,   be determined,  have ambition, be tenacious,  :D 
These things will get you through.  
have a great day 
Candy 

No comments:

Post a Comment