Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Scanning My Leg

Hello Family and Friends, :D
  I am so excited..... Yesterday Brandon from Advanced Prosthetics came by.
Thank goodness for mobile units :D ,  he brought his equipment in,  placed 
saran wrap around my leg, then placed this  large soft pliable rubber stocking 
over my leg, he measured, marked it, then placed a velcro band around it ..
I have to laugh, there was a small square box on this velcro, it kind of reminded
me of a dog collar when they are enclosed in an invisible electric fence :D 
  He took out what I commented on it looked like a radar gun.  In the mean time
he got his computer up and running, then he began to scan my leg,  I actually watched
it come up on the computer.  I could see the computer building it, scanning it, then it 
began to turn and Brandon could see the whole leg. This will be sent to orlando for them 
to make it, then it will be shipped to his office in Mount Dora ( a beautiful quaint town )
there they will put it all together.  May 8th Brandon will be back, he will see what 
adjustments need to be made, take it away again for another two weeks,  and when 
he comes back....... YEAHHHH !!!!!  my leg will be back.....  I cannot tell you 
how excited I am over this.
     I keep telling my mom ...... Dont't sweat the small stuff.........  our life depends
on our attitude, how do we think? Negative? Positive?  Are we Determined or 
Do we give UP? Are we Tenacious?  Are we ambitious?  I do my best to be postive,  it is the postive attitude that will get me through what life throws at me.  It is my Determination that will absolutely
keep me from giving up.  I am like a bulldog :D I am tenacious, I keep on going,  I refuse to 
let wild horses, rain , hail, or things that come my way to prevent me from succeeding in 
doing my very best, if  I do my best...... :D that is all I can do, nothing more, and I sure 
will not do anything less.  Ambition?  I like to think I have plenty of ambition and now
that I have a new lease on life without  pain......... My ambitions can be brought to 
reality.  
    I wish I would have taken photos of what Brandon was doing, the truth is 
I was so excited, and tired,  :D  I didnt even think about it.  I had an early 
morning Appt with my Surgeon. Eric was not able to take me and I am blessed
to have great neighbors, Jeff took me to the Drs office, wheelchair and all. 
I took him to lunch for taking me. We had sushi, at  ......Wasabi Bar and Grill........
by the time I got home to say the least I was whooped.  Ready for bed yet excited 
about the prospects of Brandon coming to measure my leg.  
   Wishing Everyone a wonderful, Positive , Blessed day..........
looking forward to showing you my leg.  
Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment